Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Story of Levi - Part Three (Diary entries from pregnancy)

Aiden was the name I had chosen for Levi at first. I wrote a few diary entries to him while I was pregnant. I feel that sharing tidbits from diary entries is the best way to go over what happened. You don't get all the details but enough of them.



July 19th, 2008
    
Dear Aiden,
"I want you to have the best life possible.  I wished for you a happy family but I feel that it just won’t work out that way.  I love you with all my heart.  I know we can make it on our own."

"I’m miserable without your dad in my life.  Every day is a struggle to not break down and cry.  I love him so much.  It’s hard to not get that love in return.  I have many regrets but then I think about how if I hadn’t made the decisions that I’ve made, I wouldn’t have you on the way.  It will be hard but we’ll get through it.  I’ll be here for you every step of the way."



July 25th, 2008

Dear Aiden,
"I just got home from spending time with your dad for the first time in two months. I didn’t think he’d let me see him but he did.  It felt different between us.  I was actually shy and almost giggly.. that isn’t me.  Once we got past all of the awkwardness, I was able to bring up how I feel about your dad and we were able to talk about you.  He took what I had to say very well.  He told me that he’ll make steps to get our relationship back, that he misses me and that he still cares about me.  Your dad saw my stomach for the first time since you’ve grown so much and felt you kick for the first time too! We even discussed names.  I like Aiden Finn Jacob and he says he wants a more manly name and only Jacob for the middle name.. no Finn. We’ll see what we come up with together! I am anxious to find out what ends up happening to your dad and I.  I hope we’re able to work things out and be together like I know we’re meant to be.  We’re both just really confused right now and stressed out with you on the way.  It’s a lot to handle for teenagers. I hope you can forgive us."


July 27th, 2008

Dear Diary, 
"Aaron slept over last night."
(Sorry Mom, you were out of town..)


August 27th, 2008

Dear Diary, 
"I sorta freaked. I didn’t cry though or throw a tantrum. This was an internal freak out."

"Does he really care about me? He still won’t hold my hand. He’s only said I love you once. But he’ll kiss me. That means he cares, right? No. I really don’t think so. It’s easy to fake a kiss."

"I tell him that I’m unhappy and it was the last text I could muster before passing out. I wake up to a thunderstorm that matched the way that I felt when I realized that he never texted me back after that. I drove him nuts. Too nuts. Now what do I do?"

"Being with him is hard. It’s almost just as hard as it was to not have him in my life for the first 5 months of my pregnancy. The whole “relationship” we have is just too confusing for me. There should be nothing confusing about two people who “love” each other."

"I definitely need to be more easy going and happy. I was never like that normally and being pregnant it’s especially harder to try to bring those things out in me. I’m stressed to the max being pregnant. Never does a second go by where I’m not worrying about something or thinking about the future."

"I don’t want to give up now. We’ve been through so much together and I just can’t let him go.. I'm texting him."


September 11, 2008

Dear Aiden,
"Your dad is back to not talking to me. We were “together” for a little over a month and a couple weeks ago he said he “needed a break”. So, we spent a few days apart and then he decided that he just couldn’t handle this. We haven’t talked since."


September 22nd, 2008

Dear Baby,
"I’m pretty sure I’ve chosen a different name for you.. Levi. It’s a Hebrew name that means “united as one” and in the Bible is the name of Jacob’s son. Which fits perfect! I see you as the mold between three families: my Moms, my Dads, and your Dads family. Also, your Dads middle name is Jacob (which will also be your middle name). Your Dad didn’t like the name Aiden because he said it “sounds like the mom named him”. I don’t know if he’ll like the name Levi but he gave me full responsibility in naming you."


October 15th, 2008

Dear Levi,
"Well, I had a doctor’s appointment today and I found out that I’m 1 cm dilated! Maybe you’ll be here early! I’m 5 weeks away from my due date! Will you be a halloween baby?! That might be too early.. it would be fun though :-) Next week Grandma Lisa and I are doing our shopping run so that I can get packed for the hospital and be ready for when I go into labor. I’m so excited for you to be here! You have no idea! Chase and Addy have been touching my stomach a lot lately and feel you kick all the time! They’re just as excited as I am!"


October 17th, 2008 (Levi was born 5 days later)

Dear Diary,
"Am I over Aaron yet? I think I am. But then again I’m not sure. I haven’t had the urge to text him in a couple weeks now (with the exception of updating him after my doctor appointments). I did send him a message today on Facebook though. It wasn’t out of me missing him but just to get an understanding of where he stands with all of this. I need answers from him. Will he come to the hospital when Levi is born? Will he be in the room when I’m giving birth? Does he want to be a part of this at all? I told him that I would understand and won’t hold it against him if he doesn’t want to be a part of this with me. I started to cry while I was typing my message to him though. The tears surprised me."

"I miss him more than words can describe. My heart is still in shreds. The most painful part of the process is over though. I don’t get angry or jealous when I see pictures of him online anymore. I don’t think about what he’s doing and get angry or jealous. I’m letting him live his life without being bothered by me and I get comfort from that. I feel mature and strong to be able to accept how he feels and respect his wishes."

No comments:

Post a Comment