Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Story of Andy and Emma

When Levi was 5 months old I was itching to get out of the house. My life consisted of being with him and working part time as a waitress. I really wanted to go on a date. So, while I was at work one day I found myself standing in the kitchen and thinking "Who would be fun to go on a date with?". By no means was this in my head as a date that I wanted to turn into a relationship. Hello, I have a FIVE MONTH OLD. I just wanted to get out of the house for a night and feel like your average 19 year old for a few hours.

Then it hit me.. Andy! I felt like we had been flirting lately, he's handsome, funny and the nicest guy I have ever come across. I wanted to go on a date with Andy (the sous chef). I told a co-worker of mine to hand him my number on a piece of paper and ONLY my number. No name. Just tell him that there's a girl here that's interested in going on a date with him and have him text me. Instantly he started pressing her for more information. Clues as to who it was. He finally figured it out and I'll never forget where I was when we started texting. My Grandpa's retirement party.

We decided on going to see a movie. I Love You, Man. I felt nervous on my way to meet him at his place (he was living with his Mom and his younger sister). We had never seen each other outside of work before. I was a little nervous at first but it didn't last long. The movie was great and we got along well. It was after the movie that I found out he's SEVEN years older than me. I couldn't believe it. My first words were, "Do you know how old I am?!" He guessed 20 or so and it took me a minute to say that I just turned 19. Yikes! We had such a nice time together though that we saw each other again outside of work. He made me dinner! First time a guy had ever done that for me. We had phone conversations that lasted HOURS and even after finishing those long talks I felt like I could still keep talking to him. The fact that I had a baby wasn't an issue for him (neither was my age) and after only a couple weeks of dating it was made official. Andy was now my boyfriend.

A couple months later Andy got his own apartment. Levi and I were over all the time and even had the occasional sleep over. I couldn't
believe how fast we had fallen for each other. Part of me just knew that this was the guy I was to spend the rest of my life with. We were over at his place so often that it just got to the point where I wanted Levi to have more stability and routine. In July, after 4 months of dating, Levi and I moved in. If anyone were to tell me this about them I would think they were out of their freaking mind. But it just felt right for us.

The three of us were crammed into a one bedroom apartment for the next 2 years. Levi eventually took over the bedroom and we made the living room into half our room and half living space. Not ideal, but it worked.

In May 2011 we moved to a two bedroom apartment with way more space and amenities.

Come summer 2011 our relationship hit the next level. We decided to start trying to have a baby.


2009

2009

2009
2010
2011



 I guess I'm always on his left.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment