Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Birdtown Run 100 - Week 1

Right after finishing Week 1





Week 1 has been TOUGH! I've been adjusting to getting up early (you'll never see me running at any other time of day), I'm trying to find a comfortable pace for myself, my body is adjusting to getting more exercise this week than it has in over a year combined and I'm learning how to get through how mental running really is.

Here's the progress to my goal of 100 miles in August [Week 1]:

7 runs (no walking) - 21.15 miles - 3:53:58 total time running - 10:57avg.min/mi - 1,848 calories burned.

I now have TWO DAYS OFF! My body will love me for that but I hope I don't lose momentum.

Goals for week 2:

  • Run 28.85 miles for a total of 50 miles 
  • 10:45min/mi


What I learned this week:

  • I run best when I start my run at 5:30am
  • Stretching is everything
  • My mind will give up before my body does
  • Getting out of bed and out the door is the hardest part

No comments:

Post a Comment