Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Nature Sprouts Daycare - Mission

It has been so fun coming up with my mission statement and putting policies together for the daycare.

As you can see, it now has a name! It was so difficult to come up with something. First I had to like it and then I had to Google it to make sure it wasn't already in use. Let's just hope no one takes it before I get it registered!

I really want to focus my daycare on nature, personal health and being eco friendly. I think all kids at a very young age should be taught the importance of recycling, reducing waste, using eco friendly products, eating healthy foods (with as many of those as possible being organic) and getting kids interested in nature and being outdoors.

We live in an age where kids are constantly wanting to be plugged in an when we moved into our house, we made a big change. That change was keeping TV's out of our main living space. It has made a tremendous difference to our kids lives. Not only do they spend a ton of time running around and exploring outside now but they're also interacting more indoors and becoming more creative with their play.

So, when creating my mission statement I kept all of these things in mind.

NATURE SPROUTS MISSION : is to create a wholesome environment which promotes every child's social/emotional, physical and cognitive development. We offer high quality childcare in a toxin free environment and offer a wide variety of healthy foods. Our educational focus is not only on core subjects but also on being eco friendly and discovering the wonders of nature through exploration.

WHAT SETS US APART :

Safe, non-toxic cleaning products
No artificial food coloring allowed
As much local and organic food as possible
Cloth diaper friendly
Breast milk friendly
Bio-degradable wipes
Cloth towels for hand drying
Cloth napkins for meals
We re-use and recycle

If you've ever looked for childcare before, what were you looking for in a daycare environment for your child? If you haven't looked before, what would you look for? What's important to you?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS!! If we were closer I would do this with you! If I ever start my own daycare it would be the same! When we were discussing starting our own family daycare I listed all the same things. I worked at a daycare briefly that used a ton of disposable plates and cups etc. and it drove me nuts! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete