Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My Public Apology About Our "Cardboard and Other Refuse"

I've posted on my personal Facebook page recently about my husband and sons' obsession with wood. Well, we've also had another issue on our hands for years now and that is the accumulation of boxes my husband has for work.

His work requires him to fix dish machines in area restaurants, schools, nursing homes, etc. He does not have an office or specific "place of work". He works out of his company van that he always has at home when he's not working. When things break, he needs parts. With 70+ accounts and many different things that he services we get A LOT of shipments of parts and things to our home.

We have a small house. We have a small garage. SOMETIMES I get to park in our small garage when there isn't wood or boxes in my way. A few weeks ago we spent an entire day cleaning out our garage because I was sick of the miscellaneous shit and wanted to park in there. Not long after it was cleaned out Andy must have gotten a shipment of parts for work because before I knew it there were boxes piled up behind our [willberunningsomeday] truck. Not in the garage but outside behind our truck.. the truck that has a flat tire, won't start and is parked in grass..

He was just trying to keep his wife [me] happy by not taking up precious van space in the garage! So, so sweet of him!

Well, not only do I not like a cluttered garage that I can't park in but I also don't like our mess on display. I much prefer our mess to be behind closed doors and it seems as though a neighbor and/or city worker prefers our mess behind closed doors too! We got a violation notice in the mail today!

"Cardboard and other refuse behind truck and boat"

"IF THE VIOLATIONS ARE NOT CORRECTED BY THE COMPLIANCE DATE, THEN WEEKLY CITATIONS INCLUDING FINES OF NOT LESS THAN $75 NOR MORE THAN $500 MAY BE ISSUED."

Well then.

After volunteering at Kindergarten Open House night tonight for our school district and discovering my battery dead in my van (I was only stranded for 20 minutes - shout out to my grandparents for rescuing me), I came home and shoved all of what I think they have included in the violation into our small garage.

So to whomever our "cardboard and other refuse" was bothering, I'm terribly sorry. We are now taking donations for our "love it or list it" fund.. which would either help us gain more space to store our shit at this current location so you don't have to look at it or send us on our merry way to a new location.. one with plenty of space for boxes and parked vans.

No comments:

Post a Comment